Semper means "always" in Latin and is an integral part of Civil Air Patrol's motto, "Semper Vigilans," meaning always vigilant or always ready.
Civil Air Patrol established the Semper Vigilans Society in 2020 to recognize the generosity of members, alumni, parents, grandparents, national staff, and friends who have made provisions for CAP in their estate plans. These planned gifts ensure CAP is always ready for the future.
Qualifying commitments may be of any amount and may be directed to support programs of the donor's choice. Donors are encouraged to consider gift designations that provide as much flexibility as possible to meet the changing needs of the future.
Types of gifts that may be included: will, revocable living trust, life insurance, beneficiary designation on a retirement account or other deferred gift arrangement.
In recognition of their special relationship with Civil Air Patrol, Semper Vigilans Society members will receive:
- Lifetime stewardship
- Invitations to major Civil Air Patrol events
- Recognition on the Semper Vigilans Society Honor Roll (if desired)
- Complimentary subscription to CAP's Volunteer Magazine
- Complimentary subscription to the monthly Alumni & Friends E-News
- Updates about legacy giving, including estate planning tips and information
Joining the Semper Vigilans Society
Once you decide to make an estate gift to support Civil Air Patrol, inclusion as a member of the Semper Vigilans Society takes just three simple steps:
- Document your gift. With the help of your professional advisers, include a gift to Civil Air Patrol or the Civil Air Patrol Foundation—through a bequest life insurance or living trust—in your estate plan. A gift of any size qualifies you for membership.
- Submit your Semper Vigilans Society Membership form. Complete the form and return it to the Civil Air Patrol Development Department. We will keep the details of your gift confidential, and you are welcome to decline public recognition.
Submit Membership Form
- Notify the Development Department at CAP. Send a copy of your will, trust agreement, or insurance policy. If you prefer, you may copy just the relevant part of your will or trust agreement or the cover and beneficiary pages of your insurance policy. If you and your spouse both seek membership and have separate wills, please submit copies of both documents. This applies also to trust agreements and insurance policies.
Please contact Ms. Kristina E. Jones, M.A., CFRE, at 833-426-4227 (toll free) or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Legacy Makes an Impact
"As a recipient of your scholarship program, I would like to express my sincere appreciation for your support. Your scholarship will help open doors that will play a key role in shaping my career. With your generosity, I hope to achieve my goal of becoming a leader in the cybersecurity field and empowering others to have an impact on the safety of our country's future."—Cadet Lt. Col. Annabelle Klosterman—June 2020
Thank you again for your investment in our cadets!